Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day

 I felt strongly that I needed to post today, I don't know why exactly but maybe it is for me. I forget things easily, memories, moments and just everything! I don't have a sponge brain like Grant ( I think it's a McClendon thing!) They remember everything! Anyway, I felt this week an overwhelming sense of love for Grant, Claire, family and friends. I always feel like I have not been blessed with "gifts" which is horrible I know. I have a list of things that I don't have or I can't easily do but I do have the gift of love. I know for some love does not come easily but I love most everyone and the people I do love, I LOVE THEM CRAZY! I looked at Claire yesterday and I held her close to me, I squeezed her. I had this thought, that one day she will be big and she will not want me to hold her like this anymore and what a sad day that will be for me because I love her so much I just have to attack her! This "attacking" feeling I first felt with my Brothers and Alysse, then with some of my cute cousins. When I married in to the McClendon family I was blessed to be an Aunt and my goodness I love, love, love my Nieces and Nephews! Attacking material!!!!!








These are some people I love, especially that tall guy I'm standing next to and that sweet Girl in between us!








4 comments:

  1. I've seen loads of trials in my life and in the lives of others close to me. There are two paths people can take when facing a trial; the one that leads away from our Heavenly Father or the path that takes us to His front door. I'm glad to read that you have knocked on His door and have received His blessings after He's opened the door. Sounds to me like while Derek is out in the field you are doing a great job as the "Rock".
    Mike Richards

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all love you guys so much! I'm so glad that my only brother found a great girl like you. I love having you for my sister-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aubs, I just love you. I look up to you more than most people I know! You are right up there with my own mother! I definitely think your gift is loving people unconditionally and you are GOOD at it. I love you for that reason. I think you're fantastic and your family is so lucky to have you in it, especially with everything that's been going on the last several months. I'm so sorry it's been so hard on you. You are strong and amazing and I am proud of you for keeping your chin up and making it through. I wish I could give you a hug, but a virtual hug will have to do. **VIRTUAL HUG!!!** Love you Aubs. Happy Vday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love you Aubrye!!!! It was SO wonderful to see you guys and my thoughts and prayers are with you often. Your love of the the Lord and the people in your life will make a difference for good. Just keep loving and praying and have hope, even when others don't. They may need to rely on yours for a while. I really believe that your example and strength will make a difference, even if it doesn't seem to be, and no matter how long the road ahead may seem. Even if some trials span many years, keep your hope in Christ and his plan. We Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete