Friday, June 1, 2012

The Donation

Seriously I never thought I would be brave enough to cut my hair! I know that is totally weird but I just thought that would be the wildest thing to cut my hair! Grant and figured out that I have had my hair long for 20 years! Anyway, so ya it is a BIG deal! I don't do good with BIG change, but last week I was thinking about my sweet Claire. I thought if she were ever sick (like really bad), I would be devastated. I thought about all the adults and children that are not healthy in the world. It breaks my heart, I hate it. I was feeling like Grant and I are not in a place to be helping others financially or anything but I would love to do something good for someone! I thought about things I could I do. I was playing with my hair at the moment! ha Then it hit me, hello I have not cut my hair for six months!!!! SIX MONTHS! It was super long, I thought I could totally donate my hair! So I said out loud "Grant I want to donate my hair." He is always down with my plans, so I searched it out a bit. I found out what I needed to do and from that point it was all smiles! I did however get a little anxious before I went to the salon. I of course prayed about it.....I pray about everything. So when you donate your hair it needs to be in a ponytail. So when (Brent) the hairstylist guy cut that off, that was wild. I kind of freaked out but it was fun! Ok so then it was done I had short hair, Grant and I were in the car I said to him " Grant I just cut my hair, I really just cut my hair!" I got a little teary but then I thought about a certain lady that I love that had cancer, she lost her hair. It was so awful, she is lovely and feminine, it was a big deal to not have her hair. It would be for anyone. She is doing great now, she is a total rock! I thought about another lady in my parents ward that has cancer, she has lost her hair. I love her, it makes me sad to know that she is suffering. I can't imagine what she is going through. Then I stopped feeling bad about my new cute hair! Come on Aubrye! I am so happy that I can give someone something. I was feeling the need to help, I wanted to do something good! So that is the end of the story, totally sad how selfish I was to not have done it before but I did it! Best thing ever!



1 comment:

  1. Aubs that is so awesome!! Your new short hair looks GREAT and I think it's so amazing that you made that sacrifice for someone else! I also love that you pray about everything. :) You're such a great example! I miss having your influence in my life every day. I'm glad you're blogging! Now I'm getting Aubrye inspiration again! :)

    ReplyDelete