Saturday, May 26, 2012

Let's get UPDATED

Okay, so the long wait was over to see my BROTHER BEAR again on Feb 8, 2012. I was so excited to see him. When I saw him walking towards our family I couldn't even control my wild tears flowing!!! I was thinking " Oh it is my Brother, that is my Brother!" I couldn't believe it! Then when I hugged my Brother Bear, I couldn't even talk I was crying and like spitting on him, I am sure it was really weird for him! ha Then he met Claire, oh it was just so awesome!!! She really digs him. His name to her is "Sasen." I tried so hard to get her to say it at the Airport but of course she does not perform on demand!  Anyway Chasen's stories from Peru were unreal. My Brother served a Mission, my Brother!!!! I am so proud of him. He really had some rough stories and hard times but whatever! He was able to see things and do things most people will never have the opportunity to do. Real quick this sums it all up for me. Quick story......

 Chasen and I went shopping together a few days after he came home. No big deal right? just getting a few things to brighten up the wardrobe department. Literally....the ladies that washed my Brothers clothes over in Peru, washed them on a rock. So all of his clothes were yellow and scary dirty!!! Anyway back to the story, Chasen freaked out at the store and we had only looked at shirts (we are Francis people, we would shop all day if we could!) Well that changed! Chasen started talking to me in Spanish out of nowhere then he stopped and said " Uh sorry Aubrye I don't even know what I just said." It was so sad he was really freaking out. He kept saying "I don't know Aubrye, I don't know what is cool." He is like the coolest kid ever! He was crazy talking! Then we stopped looking and he said to me "Aubrye I just can't be here buying stuff when I keep thinking about all these kids in Peru that don't have even one shirt to wear." I almost cried/spit on him again.Oh that sweet man! It is true to, most of the pictures of the children that Chasen had were of them in half shirts or no shirt and shorts that were so small that they could not button them. Most of them didn't have shoes. I just can't believe what a jerk I am, when I am not totally dressed up or when I can't buy what ever I want I get down on myself thinking that I am so embarrassing because I don't have the latest and greatest outfit. OUTFIT. Seriously? I have some stuff I need to work out. I have spent way too long caring about these stupid things. I have just measured my self worth on material things, when it does not matter. I feel awful about it. Chasen, has blessed me with some precious life changing stories and a better understanding of what is important in life. I love him and I am so grateful for his service, sacrifice and testimony of the Gospel.











No comments:

Post a Comment